Choose a Board Certified Orthodontist
Schedule Free Consultation
Choose a Board Certified Orthodontist
Dr. Rosemary Lelich is board certified with the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO). Being a board certified orthodontist is a prestigious designation that is achieved by less than half of all practicing orthodontists. As a member of this exclusive category of orthodontic providers, Dr. Lelich voluntarily chose to expand her specialty and commit to lifelong learning and achievement in the field of orthodontics. You can make her your orthodontist at Family Orthodontics in St. Louis Park, MN.
Why Board Certification Matters
A dentist might offer orthodontics or Invisalign, but very few are specifically educated and trained to deliver orthodontic care. An orthodontist is a qualified specialist who has undergone extensive training in the field of orthodontics.
HOWEVER, a board certified orthodontist is the dedicated professional who takes the orthodontic designation one step further and commits to personal and public dedication to the standards of a specialty practice.
Here is how the years-long intensive process works:
- Establish patient care: The orthodontist must spend hundreds of hours delivering the highest level of patient care.
- Complete successful cases: The orthodontist must present detailed case reports from their practice to demonstrate their excellence in patient care.
- Defend orthodontic work: The orthodontist must defend their case work during an oral examination and submit to rigorous testing on a wide array of academic and clinical topics.
- Renew certification: The renewal process for board certification occurs every 10 years and the board-certified orthodontist must demonstrate their continued level of patient care to maintain the board certified status.
Why Choose a Board Certified Orthodontist?
A board certified orthodontist has delved into the nitty gritty of all orthodontic matters and can deliver advanced patient care. Orthodontics, after all, is about far more than just straightening teeth.
Choose a board certified orthodontist who:
- Offers a comprehensive treatment approach
- Understands the complexity of growth and development of both teeth and jaws
- Takes the facial form into account with every case
- Designs treatment plans that address both jaw and bite, not just teeth movement
- Has worked tirelessly to excel in their specialty
- Is committed to the highest level of patient care
- Is dedicated to lifelong learning and excellence
Dr. Lelich has worked hard to earn her respected designation, and the care she promises to provide to her patients is unparalleled.
Your smile matters – entrust it to the professional who will take the best care of it.
The Path to Becoming a Board Certified Orthodontist
The ABO board certification is a voluntary credential, which means any orthodontist has taken extra steps to achieve this designation. Board certification is evidence that an orthodontist is committed to lifelong learning and providing the highest level of orthodontic care.
The path to ABO board certification must occur over three stages:
- Dentist: Complete an undergraduate program, graduate from dental school (3-4 years), and pass licensing examinations.
- Orthodontist: Complete an accredited orthodontic residency program (2-3 years).
- Board Certified Orthodontist: Complete ABO written examination and ABO clinical examination. Certification renewal occurs every 10 years.
The ABO is the only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the American Dental Association (ADA) and in affiliation with the American Association of Orthodontists.
Rely on a Board Certified Orthodontist in Minnesota
Trust your smile to a specialist, to an expert who knows how to put the pieces of the puzzle together so you can have a straight, healthy, strong, beautiful smile. Choose an orthodontist who has completed the stringent requirements of the ABO and dedicated herself to meticulous treatment and patient care. Make your appointment with Dr. Rosemary Lelich, a diplomat of the American Board of Orthodontics.